Olympic Madness! “3”

For some reason, this year I am really hooked on the Olympic Games in Athens. I don't know why, but I just seem to think that it is really interesting.

Unfortunately, Team GB isn't doing too well at the moment, with a poor 17th place on the medals table, with only one silver. Well I'm expecting a whole load more coming our way, so GO TEAM GB!

As far as online coverage is going, the BBC really is doing well with their site. All the other sites I checked out, which included ABC, CBS and MSNBC and ESPN are rather poor.

Funnily enough, the American sites seem to be rigging their medals tables to place the USA higher up than other countries. While on the well thought out BBC table they come 7th, on the ESPN table they are listed as 3rd. This is because ESPN and other American sites consider all medals won to be equal in value (clearly flawed thinking), while the BBC places priority for gold, and then silver, and then bronze.

3 Comments ~ Post a Comment

Blogger Fin: I have also added a link to the BBC Olympic coverage website on the sidebar! Wow!

Blogger Blogger: Your talents never cease to amaze me... :-P x

Blogger Brian: "Funnily enough, the American sites seem to be rigging their medals tables to place the USA higher up than other countries"

Not surprising.

Personally, I think the medals' tables are the most useless thing in the Olympics. As though what COUNTRY had the most individuals/teams winning medals proves anything about national superiority.


Free Web Counter