The Height of Interior Design: Dog “4”

I have recently noticed how my nice little dog (Buster, of course) compliments my houses carpeting rather nicely. His nice ginger/black coating (officially 'grizzle') really does match the regal green flooring. Which is lucky.

I'm slightly more concerned with whether 'houses' should have an apostrophe, however. Can inanimate objects ever possess a thing (and so qualify for an apostrophe)? I'm sure there's a rule about that somewhere...

4 Comments ~ Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous: Yes, it needs an apostrophe.
"Possessive case (Eng. Gram.), the genitive case; the case of nouns and pronouns which expresses ownership, origin, or some possessive relation of one thing to another; as, Homer's admirers; the pear's flavor; the dog's faithfulness."

Blogger Fin: *sigh*

Damn grammar.

:P

Anonymous Anonymous: Or, in some parts of Argentina, food.

Blogger Fin: lol


Free Web Counter