Martha's Been Banged Up “9”

Or at least she is going to be soon. I don't really know.

But, what I would like to draw your attention to is the dire remark that she made before the press before she went to jail.

It went something like:

There are many, many good people who have gone to prison. Look at Nelson Mandela.

Oh. My. God. WHY did you have to go and say something stupid like that?!?! That's just not cool, Martha. You can't just compare yourself to Nelson Mandela!

9 Comments ~ Post a Comment

Blogger Fin: Pardon the title phrase. :)

Anonymous Anonymous: Well, that's quite disturbing - a terrible mental picture. And, please, refer to her as inmate no. 55170-054. For real!

Anonymous Anonymous: Woohoo! And the I love the blockquote style!

Blogger Fin: lol

Blogger Fin: lol I know I just HAD to use it (after spending ages making it)!

Anonymous Anonymous: You can go a little overboard with those commenting on your own post things ;-).

Anonymous Anonymous: Oh, and your Technorati link is not working - it gives a message amazingly similar to this:
Invalid Profile

Something appears to be awry with the profile description. Whoever gave it to you (or posted it) may be attempting to impersonate another person, and you should not trust the associated content (e.g. weblog post, comment, etc.)

If you are the profile owner, get your correct profile information and change the referring link.

Anonymous Anonymous: Here's my Britism of the day for you - the way you use the word "brilliant." Here I've plagerized, oops, I mean referenced QUASS.com on this one:
"Brilliant" is occasionally used affirmatively like this in the states, especially when one is praising someone's mental abilities (as in, "Einstein was brilliant"); however, we cynical Yanks are more likely to employ this adjective in an ironic sense (as in, "That's just brilliant: now we've lost the keys AND the car!")

Blogger Fin: lol I dunno if I use it in an ironic sense usually, but I normally mean it when I say it.


Free Web Counter