Book Review: Digital Fortress “1”

By Dan Brown, the author of The Da Vinci Code.

Well this one is right up my street. Technology, spies, the Internet, killings, Europe... It sure does seem to give a real impression that the author doesnt really know what hes talking about, but it is a real page turner in the middle. Dan sure does like his plot twists, I can tell you!

Sadly, the ending is bitterly disappointing. The best and brightest of the USA are all in one room, the end of the world is seemingly nigh (although only really for the Americans, so I was able to detach myself a little there), and NO ONE knows what an isotope is. Riiight.

They even get a really good clue and keep on wondering what it might mean, pouring over it for about 20 pages when I knew what it meant straight away! And Im 16!

Oh well. It would make a pretty good film, lets leave it at that.

Quote of the book
[fat IT technician commenting on a massive problem that will end the world] Were fucked!
Now THAT made me laugh.

1 Comments ~ Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous: Are we Americans really that stupid?
Ah, nevermind. I don't want to know the answer.
Thanks for the link to Despotism by the way, it's thought-provoking.


Free Web Counter