Half-Life 2 “0”

A game. For the PC. With action. And guns.

Now I'm not going to get too worked up about this one, but it is a really nice game. High production values, and it even runs nicely on my PC. Which is always a bonus, I suppose.

People often say that this game is "the one you really have to play". Perhaps it is, but I wouldn't bother if you don't the genre. It's no revolution in gaming. Max Payne 2 has done the physics thing before, and it was a very decent shooter. All I get from HL2 is scale, imagination (limited but good) and story. The story is nice, easy to follow and works quite well.

PC Format gave it 96%. I'd tend to agree.

Good: Visuals, atmosphere, physics, good feeling when you kill a civil guard.
Bad: Slow loading times, gamma needs to be adjusted, took ages to activate.

0 Comments ~ Post a Comment


Free Web Counter