Feeds, Links and The Bloglines “0”

There's gonna be some changes around these here parts.

Or rather, there already has been. RSS, syndication and all that lot have made blogging quite a powerful medium. I'm only just starting to use RSS feeds, and I'm thinking that Bloglines is the best for me.

I have a laptop and a PC, and I interchange often, so it's nice to have data on the Internet, where both computers can get to it. Even school ones. That's why Gmail's so great - it's like a desktop application, but on the Internet.

Bloglines is an RSS reader on the Internet. You sign up, subscribe, it checks (quite a lot, I must say), and whenever a new article is posted, you get a little balloon pop up above the time on the start bar. That is, if you download a little program. Click on it, and you'll be taken to the Bloglines viewing page, where you can take a gander at all of the new posts that have been made. It's nothing new, but it can be useful, and it makes you feel like you're staying abreast of all the information you want to.

I'll be showing you all of the feeds I'm subscribed to along the sidebar of this blog, and I've decided to give you easy access to all of their feeds, so you don't have to play fetch. The nice thing here is that you can try them out, and subscribe/unsubscribe at your will.

The feed from this site also has my Flickr images embedded in it. I'm not sure how long this will last, because I'll probably want to post them here and talk about them, but I think it's a nice feature for now.

I'll also try to link to external sites within posts a bit more, so you know what I know, see what I see, and eat who I eat.

Of course, there's really only one person who will have read this article, but I'm doing it for the sake of completion. Or something.

0 Comments ~ Post a Comment


Free Web Counter